The Garden is reopening!
It is our Anniversary and Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden is pleased to welcome you back to celebrate with us and acknowledge everyone who, throughout 35 years of history, made the Garden a culturally diverse and educational hub.
We invite you to explore the latest additions to our Gift Shop and the installations within the Garden as we share objects and memorabilia from the past with new guidelines that ensure, above all, your safety and comfort! From archive photos, historical newspaper clippings, collages and video displays, to tools used by skilled craftsman in constructing the Garden, this exhibition will take you on a trip down memory lane back to 1986. Docents will be available to answer to any questions you might have about the history and future of the Garden and Chinatown.
Entrance will only be available online with designated admission times. Please book the entry time online in advance and we kindly ask you to present ticket and/or proof of membership upon arrival.
For additional info on how to renew or verify your current membership status please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Entry times will be available every 30 minutes starting at 11am and the last entry time is at 3pm;
· If the time slot you are interested in does not have enough availability, please pick another entry time;
· We strongly recommend wearing a mask not only for your safety but for the safety of others around you. If you do not have a mask, we can provide a disposable one for you;
· Sanitising stations will be placed across the entire facility;
· If you are feeling any COVID-19 symptoms please stay home;
· A small service fee will be added to each ticket in order to provide the online purchasing system.
New and enhanced guidelines and protocols have been also put in place to assure everyone's safety, comfort and wellbeing.
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded lands of the səl̓ilwətaɁɬ təməxʷ (Tsleil-Waututh), Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) nations.
As an organisation whose mandate is the promotion of cultural sharing and education, we are grateful to have the opportunity to work in this territory, and recognise the continuous need to listen and learn from those who have, and continue to, call Vancouver home.